Our Internal Medicine Consultant Dr. Majdi M Taher American Board Certified.
It is a specialty in healthcare that is responsible for preventing, managing and curing multisystem and complex conditions that a single-organ specialist might not be well versed with. These conditions include fatigue, dyspnea, weight loss, changes in the conscious state or chest pain. There are various acute illnesses that might trouble multiple organ systems simultaneously known as multiple comorbidities that a single patient might be suffering from. Commonly known as a primary care physician or internist, these doctors are the most efficient in prevention, diagnosing and treating disease. They are equipped with the right knowledge and know-how to treat patients for conditions Below.
Conditions Treated by Internal Medicine Physician:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Various Cardiovascular and heart problems
- Diabetes and its complications
- Hypertension and its complications
- Various gastrointestinal problems
- Kidney related problems
- Rheumatic conditions
- Various neurological problems like stroke, headache, dizziness etc.
- Infections like upper and lower respiratory, urinary, bloodstream infections and meningitis.
- Various inflammatory conditions
- Thyroid problems
- Preoperative assessments
The services provided by the department of internal Medicine include –
- Consultation of routine health problems and illnesses
- Management of chronic health problems (Including high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, migraine)
- Periodic health checkups, preventive health care, wellness education and healthy lifestyle counseling.
- All types of vaccinations and adult immunizations